Netmums Forum:
/
General coronavirus chat
/

Anyone else feel very anxious about coronavirus?

Concerned about coronavirus affecting yourself or your kids? Worried about stockpiling or self-isolating as a family? Chat to others about how they’re coping here. Please note, this area is for supporting each other and is not intended to substitute professional health advice. Always call 111 for medical assistance and stay up to date withNHSadvice. For further information on the topic, take a look at our dedicated coronavirus contenthere.l

Empty the quoted messages list
Page:
Username
Subject line:

Anyone else feel very anxious about coronavirus?

n°375
Charlotte G(3)711220
charlotte-g-3-711220
  1. Posted on 16-03-2020 at 2.44PM
  2. answer
  1. Report
It's hard not to feel anxious at the moment, but there are some things you can do to ease worries and put things into perspective.

Have a read of our article here:
//www.janscon.com/coronavirus/reasons-not-to-panic-about-coronavirus-what-to-do-if-you-are

Please share any tips you have for dealing with anxious feelings or share your thoughts below.

1. Like0
    Like this post
    Add an account
(Advertising)
n°400
lucy-j-167
  1. Posted on 16-03-2020 at 8.11PM
  2. answer
  1. Report
Cant stress enough how important it is to get some fresh air. It’s fine to walk to the park or just round the block. Or get on your bicycle and do some serious miles. Notice the way spring is popping up everywhere, take photos and make a blog. I think the implications to mental health of staying inside are huge.

Also, be mindful that you aren’t adding to people’s anxiety levels by adding spurious news stories on WhatsApp!!! We have a responsibility to each other to be positive. That doesn’t mean we can’t express our worries but be careful about what you’re posting and try to say something positive for every negative.
Post edited by Lucy J(167) on 16-03-2020 at 8.14PM
  1. Like0
    Like this post
    Add an account
n°562
ann-p-158
  1. Posted on 18-03-2020 at 11.09PM
  2. answer
  1. Report
I really like the idea of a diary. I have a theory that once you write down your worries and fears it takes them out of your head and putting them on paper somehow diminishes them.
The vast majority of people have a fear of the unknown and are looking for answers. This whole complete episode is awful.
I hope that this experience will make us a a nation stronger and kinder and more thoughtful to our friends and family. I hope that once this clears that shops and individuals who have exploited the situation (like charging £6.99 for hand sanitiser) have customers think twice about using them again.
Most of all i hope that we start to appreciate the earth we live in.

1. Like0
    Like this post
    Add an account
n°804
rachael-b-655
  1. Posted on 23-03-2020 at 9.41AM
  2. answer
  1. Report
Well, I'm almost 12 weeks preg, until Friday 20th March I was employed as a supply teacher. We've been thrown under a bus with no financial support and not classed as employees. I was the only earner in our house, we've had to get a 3 mth mortgage holiday & against all of my principles have had NO choice, but to apply for universal credit.....
So, anxious is not the word.
On top of that, on my 1st midwife appointment on the 13th I had one midwife, but she said from now on it would be another midwife, I've left 2 messages on the named midwifes work mobile last week and still no return phone all. I've previously had 2 MCs & I'm 43 and so with no job, the virus and a non-contactable midwife really doesn't fill me with confidence or give me any reassurance from the midwife system. Anyone else experiencing no job because of virus and also not being able to contact your midwife who I've never even met?

1. Like0
    Like this post
    Add an account
Page:

Go to: