Chicken risotto (no wine)
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our articles and reviews are written independently by the Netmums editorial team.
Sent in by Fiona
A delicious meal all the family can enjoy...
- Prep Time10 minutes
- Cook Time25 minutes
- Difficulty LevelEasy
- Total Time35 minutes
- Preparation Time10 minutes
- Cooking Time25 minutes
- 1 onion, diced
- garlic (2x cloves), crushed
- 250g chicken breast, chopped
- 225g arborio rice
- 100g peas
- 750ml stock
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil
- Add the chicken breasts and fry for a couple of minutes more
- Put in the rice and fry until all coated in oil but not browned
- Add about 500ml/1 pint of stock and cook until almost all absorbed
- Gradually add another 250ml/half pint of stock until risotto is creamy, then pop in a cup full of frozen peas
- Stir well then serve with chopped parsley
You will need
Saucepan - This Russel Hobbs one is just what you need for hassle-free cookingand you can buy it at Amazon in various sizes from £17.63.
Weighing scales - These popular scales by Salter are built with high precision sensors and a clear, easy to read LCD display.Get them at Amazon for £9.
This is a very simple chicken risotto recipe and it's also easy for children of all ages to eat - no cutting up as it's already done!
If you don't have arborio/risotto rice, you can make it with standard rice, too.
Risotto makes a fantastic base for whatever's in your fridge. Try ham & peas, fish & leeks, or mushroom & spinach for a veggie version. Or add some chorizo and make it more like a paella. The options are limitless!