Mackerel stir fry
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our articles and reviews are written independently by the Netmums editorial team.
Recipe sent in by Fiona
A delicious and colourful fishy stir fry...
- Prep Time5 minutes
- Cook Time15 minutes
- Difficulty Level容易
- Total Time20 minutes
- Preparation Time5 minutes
- Cooking Time15 minutes
- 300g basmati rice
- 250g carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 250g courgettes
- 250g sweetcorn (frozen)
- 250g peas (frozen)
- 2 medium eggs (free range)
- 350g smoked mackerel fillets (about 4)
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Boil rice for 10 minutes, drain
- Stir fry finely diced carrots, pepper and courgettes for a couple of minutes, then add the sweetcorn and peas, cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add the lightly beaten eggs to the side of the wok or frying pan and allow to cook, when cooked add to the vegetables
- Add the cooked drained rice and mix with the vegetables and egg
- Add the flaked mackerel and splash of soy sauce and heat through
You will need
Wok - This 28cm, stainless steel one from Tefal features a power resist coating that promises a durable, non-stick cooking performance.You can get it at Amazon for £32.
Add some sweet chilli sauce if you fancy some extra kick!